Edible gold and silver
All Gold Chef production is made with a production process that complies with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) principles and the strict hygiene and safety requirements imposed by the European Union. The quality system adopted for the production process control is certified according to the international standard FSSC 22000:2020.
All varieties of Gold Chef edible gold and silver (powder, crumbs, flakes and leaf) are biologically inert, tasteless and odorless, made without the use of copper and food allergens.
Edible gold and edible silver are also edible for vegans and vegetarians as they are composed only of raw materials of mineral origin and being made without the use of components of animal origin.
Giusto Manetti Battiloro has been granted health authorization no. CE IT AAE 090 5 for the production and packaging of culinary gold and silver at its headquarters in Campi Bisenzio (Florence, Italy).
This authorization was issued by Azienda USL Toscana Centro (the Tuscany Region health service) in compliance with European Regulation 852/2004 on the application of HACCP methodologies and EC Regulation 1331/2008.
FSSC 22000 AND ISO 9001 CERTIFICATION
The products of the Gold Chef edible line, in 24 kt and 23 kt gold and pure silver, are made by adopting a standardized quality system based on Good Manufacturing Practices.
The Quality and Food Safety Management System is certified according to the international standards ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000 and includes the following elements:
- assessment of the risks relating to the activity carried out in all phases of procurement, processing, storage and distribution of the products made, up to delivery;
- allergen management procedures (allergens are absent on the site and in the products);
- a tracking and tracing system adopted in compliance with the provisions of EU Regulation 178/02 to ensure rapid and efficient management of non-compliance and/or food emergencies throughout the product production and distribution cycle, with the affixing of the lot of production also on the sales commercial documents;
- the use of primary packaging compliant with EU Regulations 1935/04, 10/11 and subsequent amendments;
- affixing indications of durability, shelf life and any methods of use on the labels of each individual sales unit;
- carry out analytical checks to verify compliance in laboratories accredited according to the ISO 17025 standard and included in the official lists of laboratories responsible for carrying out analytical checks on behalf of food and beverage manufacturing companies.
THIRD-PARTY VERIFICATION – TÜV RHEINLAND
An annual check is carried out of compliance of the 23 carat gold and silver with the European regulation 231/2012. These analyzes are performed at TÜV Rheinland, a leading international certification company founded in 1866.
CONFLICT-FREE GOLD POLICY
The gold used in Gold Chef products is of “responsible” or “conflict-free” origin, i.e., it originates from countries where there are no wars or human rights violations for the supply of gold.
CERTIFIED KOSHER PARVE CULINARY SILVER AND GOLD
Are edible gold and silver suitable for use in Kosher cuisine? The rabbinate of the Jewish community of Livorno, after certifying that the production takes place in a closed circuit and does not come into contact with foods forbidden by the Jewish Kashrut, has certified Gold Chef edible gold and silver as suitable to be used in Kosher cuisine(*), including during the days of Pesach.
European Union Regulations 1333/2008, 1129/2011 and 231/2012 define culinary gold and culinary silver as edible colorants(*). Specifically, gold is classified as colorant E175(*) and silver is classified as colorant E174(*).
The photos published on our website are solely intended to showcase and promote the product. Edible gold and edible silver must be used in compliance with the applicable regulatory provisions of the countries in which they are used(*).